Spaulding Youth Center Announces Investment in Employees’ Educational AdvancementJanuary 16, 2019
Spaulding Youth Center is proud to announce a generous educational advancement investment so that its staff could pursue professional development. The nonprofit is proud to offer employees the opportunity to apply for financial support from the Lou and Lutza Smith Educational Fund, which provides grants restricted specifically to Spaulding employees’ professional development. Approved funds can be used for tuition reimbursement for a wide variety of educational courses, including College for America. Offered by select employers, the College for America program offers industry-leading competency-based programs built specifically to serve working adults and contributes toward an advanced degree from Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU).
Through the Lou and Lutza Smith Educational Fund, Spaulding invested over $51,000.00 in FY2018 toward employee professional development. With the support of Spaulding’s educational advancement benefits, the following staff members recently earned their degree:
- Donna Fink: Associate of Arts for Healthcare Management, Southern New Hampshire University
- Katie Isabelle: Associate of Arts for Healthcare Management, Southern New Hampshire University
- Kristina Lindroth: Associate of Arts in General Studies, Southern New Hampshire University
- Natalie Winchester: Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management, Southern New Hampshire University
- Jason Perkins: Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Management with concentration in Global Perspective, Southern New Hampshire University
- Stephanie Walker: Bachelor of Arts in English Language Arts and General Special Education, Granite State College
- Alexsus Bougie: Master of Science in Psychology with specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis, Capella University
“Spaulding Youth Center is dedicated to investing in our employees’ professional development,” said Susan C. Ryan, President & CEO of Spaulding Youth Center. “As an educational institution, we are deeply committed to the concept of lifelong learning and recognize that personal satisfaction and accomplishment of achieving academic goals is critical for every individual on campus, from our youngest student to our most tenured employee.”
In addition to the professional development support available through this fund as well as monies allocated in the operational budget, Spaulding Youth Center offers a full suite of generous employee benefits and training. To learn more about current opportunities at Spaulding Youth Center, visit /careers/.
About Spaulding Youth Center
Spaulding Youth Center is a leading provider of services for children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning and/or developmental challenges, including Autism Spectrum Disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma, abuse or neglect. Services include academic, behavioral health, residential, foster care, health and wellness and family support. Spaulding Youth Center is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit. For information about Spaulding Youth Center, visit www.spauldingyouthcenter.org.
Interested in Learning More About Our Vibrant Campus?
If you are interested in an insider's view of a day in the life of Spaulding Academy & Family Services, we recommend visiting our online photo gallery or our video gallery. These are updated weekly so keep checking back for more great Spaulding moments!