Our Clinical Services philosophy encompasses the following beliefs:
- Each child wants to do his or her best.
- Within each child is the capacity to heal from traumatizing and disrupting experiences.
- Significant change can be achieved when all components of the environment work together (e.g., school, home, community) to create consistency for the child.
- Children benefit most from highly-skilled treatment rooted in evidence-based practice.
Our Clinical Services Team
Our Clinical Services team has expertise addressing a variety of childhood disorders, school problems, and family challenges. They work with children who have neurodevelopmental disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), educational difficulties such as learning disabilities, and emotional challenges.
- Behavior Specialists – Our team benefits from a foundation of behavioral expertise provided by our Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs). They utilize a function-based approach to address a variety of behavioral difficulties across the home, school, and residential settings. A variety of data is analyzed to ensure data-driven treatment planning and decision making.
- Master’s Level Clinicians – Our clinical experts are skilled at balancing evidence-informed practice with the human touch. They value creating a warm relationship with children and families. These individuals provide a combination of individual, group, and family therapy as needed.
- Case Management and Family Workers – These staff work with foster parents, birth families and pre-adoptive homes to develop a plan to transition the child toward permanency as well as provide resources to ensure that the child can maintain the skills needed to live successfully in the least restrictive community-based setting.
Our Clinical Approach
- Evidence Based Practices – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma Informed Therapy, Applied Behavioral Analysis Therapy, Child Centered Play Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Narrative Play Therapy, Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Assessments – Educational, Psychological and Behavioral assessments. Referrals are made outside the organization for more comprehensive and specialized assessments.
Have a Question?
If you have further questions or would like to schedule a campus tour, please contact Pat Seaward-Salvati, Director of Admissions at PSeawardSalvati@SpauldingServices.org or 603-286-8901 x202.