Transitional Social WorkerAugust 26, 2022
Spaulding Academy & Family Services provides a place of healing and growth, with a focus on the whole child. Our approach is student centered and trauma informed with special emphasis on social and emotional learning through programs such as Choose Love. Our classrooms are small, with 8 to 10 students and a variety of ages in a non-traditional learning environment. Ours is a professional learning community, collaborative and open, with specific emphasis on staff development and growth in an environment focused on the value of each individual’s strengths, skills and experiences.
Our Specials team has a Transitional Social Worker position available in our year-round program. Students at Spaulding range from ages 4 to 21. Classrooms are small with manager support, peer support, as well as wrap around services that include OT, PT and SLP’s. Each person is engaged in contributing toward our goal of providing a strong foundation to support our students, who face a variety of challenges, to achieve the most successful outcomes. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as a Monday through Friday (7am to 3pm) schedule.
Requirements for the Transitional Social Worker role includes:
- Master’s degree, preferably in Social Work (MSW)
- NHDOE license (or SOE) to practice Social Work
- Experience in School Social Work
- Special education experience is not required, but is very beneficial
- Applicants must be 21 years of age
Knowledge and skills:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassion and empathy for students and staff
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative interdisciplinary team
- Professionalism and discretion
- Positive relationships with relevant social services
- Knowledge of SEL curriculum
- Knowledge of available community support resources and the ability to help students and families access resources as a part of their transition plan
- The ability to focus on priorities, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with using computerized systems and technology to organize, store and relay information with ease
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assists in the implementation and training of SEL Curriculum, including Choose Love.
- Provides individual and group therapy as outlined in IEPs and document sessions in accordance with Spaulding policy as well as state and federal regulations.
- Develops and implements professional development trainings within area of expertise to provide education to staff and parents/guardians, as requested/indicated.
- Collaborates with transition age students to assist students and families in accessing transitional services as outlined in IEPs.
- Reviews student records to identify previous barriers and/or interventions as well as current progress and/or problems (i.e., truancy).
- Attends and participates in Special Education team meetings and internal interdisciplinary meetings.
- Establishes rapport with our student’s families. Communicate with regularity and document contacts as outlined by Spaulding policy.
- Assists students and families suffering from adversity to connect with resources such as community social service supports, shelters, food banks, and medical care.
- Develops and maintain an ongoing liaison with community agencies and other resources to meet student needs; refers parents and student to agencies when appropriate.
- Participates in the admissions process, including gathering of information about the student to determine whether Spaulding might be a good fit for the student. Conduct parent/guardian interviews to acquire socio-developmental information as applicable.
- Responds to school-wide crises, and/or impromptu individual/group needs (students or staff) by being present on the floor.
Our Social Workers are an integral part of the professional academic team, contributing daily to the successful outcomes of our students. Along with other members of the Academic team, you will be a part of providing support and guidance to our students and their families. Our staff enjoys an active, participative, and mobile day in our busy and very rewarding setting.
Staff wellness is supported through a very generous benefits package, including floating holidays and paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, a focus on an inclusive, supportive, and positive environment, and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com. We invite you to visit our website at www.spauldingservices.org to learn more about how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
We are fully committed to maintaining a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.