Speech & Language PathologistNovember 04, 2022
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is looking to add a Speech & Language Pathologist to our stellar team!
Spaulding has been a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic, and foster care programs and services for children and youth for 150 years. Our focus is to provide students with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning, and developmental challenges with a safe, supportive and intensely therapeutic environment. We provide a place of healing and growth, with a focus on the whole child. Our approach is student centered and trauma informed with special emphasis on social and emotional learning through programs such as Choose Love. Our classrooms are small, with 8 to 10 students and a variety of ages in a non-traditional learning environment. Ours is a professional community, collaborative and open, with focus on staff development and growth in an environment that values each individual’s strengths, skills and experiences.
This SLP opportunity is in our year-round program. Our students range from ages 4 to 21. Classrooms are small with manager support, peer support, as well as wrap around services such as OT, PT and SLP’s. Each person is engaged in contributing toward our goal of providing a strong foundation to support our students. The SLP will provide direct services, consultation, supervision, and support to our exceptional and diverse group of students that we are fortunate to have here at Spaulding. Services provided will range from assessment to treatment and include an exciting variety of individual and group modalities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Offer functional communication, speech and language, and feeding/oral motor assessments
- Develop and implement intervention programs
- Deliver intervention services in settings and formats appropriate to the needs and placement of the student (e.g., pull out, classroom setting, co-teaching)
- Maintain documentation of all contacts with parents/guardians, agency representatives, administration, and colleagues regarding student progress and concerns as needed, adhering to Spaulding and departmental expectations, as well as guidelines established by NH DOE and ASHA
- Develop, modify and implement IEPs in cooperation with the school team, parents /guardians, and the school district representative
- Participate in activities relative to student services (e.g., team meetings) and professional training (e.g., staff development activities)
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology, with related clinical requirements
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Must have (or be eligible for) New Hampshire State Licensure in Speech Language Pathology
- Must demonstrate competence across pediatric and adolescent age groups due to the diversity of the children and families served by Spaulding
- Experience working with children who have communication disorders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy
Staff wellness is supported through a very generous benefits package, including floating holidays and paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, a focus on an inclusive, supportive, and positive environment, and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus.
To apply for the Speech & Language Pathologist position, please submit a resume or complete an application and send to email@example.com. We invite you to explore our website to learn more about how we support our exceptional students and their families toward a successful future.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is committed to maintaining a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.