SCHOOL TRAINING SUPERVISORAugust 11, 2021
The team at Spaulding Academy has a full-time opportunity available for a School Training Supervisor. The primary responsibility of this role is to supervise and to develop and provide training to assigned school staff.
As part of the school leadership team, assist in the selection, training, mentoring, supervision, evaluation, and management of the school staff.
- Direct supervision of school staff to include:
- Timely positive feedback and progressive discipline regarding job performance.
- Develop and implement training and policies around staff attendance, conduct and discipline.
- Completes written staff evaluation.
- Provides employee counseling.
- Scheduling staff for trainings.
- Evaluate, design and provide training using best practices:
- Design and provide departmental training using best practice scaffolding strategies.
- Interactive evaluative education, model best practices, and observe and provide supportive timely documented feedback.
- In collaboration with Spaulding Trainers and HR:
- Assist with the development of initial training and ensure staff have completed Spaulding trainings assigned, to include coordination with related services to complete training: BCBAs, SLPs, Health Services, etc.
- Provide new staff training in customer service, job duties, documentation requirements (incident reporting, etc.), communications, and any other topics.
- Ensuring staff have knowledge of all policies.
- Serves as On-site Supervisor for all restraint incidents unless otherwise occupied:
- All hour on site response, supervision and attendance at all events and near misses when possible (to observe what worked and why).
- Take lead post-Restraint event by debriefing all staff involved, the student, all event witnesses; gathering event timelines, and reviewing documentation.
- Manage emergencies and crises as part of the school leadership team.
- Complete required documentation.
- Maintains an effective and safe school environment. Assists with emergency preparedness drills on a regular basis and implements emergency drills effectively.
- Participates in review rotation of critical incident reports produced by the school assuring completion for distribution. Provides ongoing feedback and supervision of staff in preparing critical incident reports.
- Participate in or lead meetings: internal to advance center initiatives (such as the training team).
- Coordinate Title IX and Anti-Bullying activities, Audit attendance records and implement necessary follow-up steps, and Coordinate Abuse reporting efforts. In order to effectively address each area, this position shall:
- Implement preventive measures and reporting procedures.
- Annually train school staff in preventive measures and reporting.
- Upon report of any of one of these incidents shall complete the investigation procedure, documentation, response, and report out.
Requirements include: At least five years of Special Education teaching experience as a certified educator with a NHDOE General Special Education license OR five years of continuous Spaulding Academy experience AND a General Special Education SOE with attainment of this license within 3 years. Administrative experience, supervisory experience, and coursework preferred.
Schedule is Monday-Friday; Salaried 7am-3pm; work could exceed typical workday a need for off- hour’s response.
This individual will report to the Principal/Special Education Director of the School.
Our Staff wellness is supported through a very generous benefits package, generous paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, several employee appreciation events throughout the year and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus. To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to jobs@SpauldingServices.org. We invite you to visit our website at www.spauldingservices.org to learn more about how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
We are fully committed to maintaining a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.