SCHOOL STAFF SCHEDULERFebruary 10, 2021
Spaulding Academy & Family Services currently has a full time opportunity for a School Staff Scheduler to join our Academic team. This role is a supervisory position whose focus is to ensure adequate and appropriate staffing and coverage for shifts assuring smooth school operations.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and community based programs and services for families, and children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning or developmental challenges, including Autism Spectrum Disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma, abuse or neglect. Established in 1871, Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit that was formerly known as Spaulding Academy & Family Services since 1958. Our scenic hilltop campus is located on over 500 acres in Northfield, NH and welcomes boys and girls from ages 4 to 21 from around the state of New Hampshire and beyond. In addition to programs provided on our Northfield campus, Spaulding’s community based programs include foster family licensing, Individual Service Option (ISO) foster care, ISO in-home services, child health support services and more, for children ages 0 to 20 and their families.
Requirements for the School Staff Scheduler are:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of experience working in a school environment.
- Paraeducator ll certification (can be obtained after hire).
- NHDOE General Special Education license or SOE preferred.
- Supervisor experience preferred.
Principal Scheduling Duties:
Responsible for the effective and efficient coordination and scheduling of all direct care staff resulting in the smooth shift-to-shift operation of Spaulding’s student programs. This will include finding and scheduling qualified substitutes as needed to ensure that expected education and residential programming occurs at all times.
- Coordinates with all Spaulding Academy & Family Services departments, as needed, to schedule for school hours both staffing and student activities related to Center wide needs (with Health Services, Behavioral Health, Residential, Academic, Food service, Facilities, etc.).
- Schedules staffs trainings.
- We are a 24/7 facility, therefore, the need to be adequately staffed for the school day, morning routine, medical appointments, vacations, court dates, etc. is imperative.
- Manages (recruits staff and fills open shifts) resulting from staffs planned and unplanned time off.
- Contacts and schedules compatible substitute staff to cover open shifts. Responds to or otherwise communicates with staff regarding scheduling.
- Familiar with Spaulding’s staff-to-student ratios to an extent that will allow for reasonable and responsible placement of staff that is consistent with the requirements of the classroom and residential setting.
- Enters scheduling data into daily Scheduling Report and/or software, publishing the schedule by a pre-determined time as well as informing all appropriate parties of day-to-day staff scheduling changes.
Staff Support Functions:
- Serves as On-site Supervisor for Restraint incidents and debriefings:
- All hour on site response, supervision and attendance at all events and near misses when possible (to observe what worked and why)
- Take lead post a Restraint event by debriefing all staff involved, the student, all event witnesses, gathering event timelines, reviewing documentation, and providing a report to oncoming supervisor or administrator
- Substitutes for school direct care staff and school administrative assistant staff as needed.
- Complete payroll administration and preparation under the direction of school administrators, approves and manages time off requests, finalizes payroll each week.
- Supervises, counsels, trains and evaluates assigned staff under the supervision of a school administrator.
- Maintain school organizational lists such as; school classroom assignment lists, day student transportation lists, staffing lists, staff information lists.
- Attends staff meetings, in-service trainings, and other meeting as requested.
Our Staff wellness is supported through a very generous benefits package, generous paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, several employee appreciation events throughout the year and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus. To apply to any of these positions, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to jobs@SpauldingServices.org. We invite you to visit our website at www.SpauldingServices.org to learn more about how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
We are fully committed to maintaining a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.