SCHOOL NURSEOctober 28, 2020
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is seeking a Registered Nurse to work in our school with our exceptional staff and students. Applicants must hold a NH RN license and have three years of experience (NHDOE School Nurse certification is preferred) and be CPR certified.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and community based programs and services for families, and children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning or developmental challenges, including Autism Spectrum Disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma, abuse or neglect. Established in 1871, Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit that was formerly known as Spaulding Youth Center since 1958. Our scenic hilltop campus is located on nearly 500 acres in Northfield, NH and welcomes boys and girls from ages 4 to 21 from around the state of New Hampshire and beyond. In addition to programs provided on our Northfield campus, Spaulding’s community based programs include foster family licensing, Individual Service Option (ISO) foster care, ISO in-home services, child health support services and more, for children ages 0 to 20 and their family.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required for this role are:
• Excellent interpersonal and digital communication and interpersonal skills.
• This job requires the ability to treat with respect and as equal partners, the wide variety of people involved in meeting student’s healthcare needs.
• The ability to focus on priorities, excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Experience with using computerized systems and technology to organize, store, relay information with ease.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, symptoms, diagnoses, treatments, first aid, illnesses and injuries, nutrition, and related areas.
• Ability to diagnose and provide care for ill or injured students.
• Ability to convey appropriate medical information to school district staff or medical professionals to ensure a proper maintenance in the school setting.
• Ability to use medical equipment to provide health care to students and staff, including, but not limited to, blood glucose monitor, stethoscopes, thermometers, and sphygmomanometers.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed for position.
• Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the internet, Outlook, electronic mail).
• Ability to problem solve job-related issues.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and students with special needs.
• Ability to follow oral and written orders from supervisors, administrators, physicians, and to coordinate work with principal, teachers and others.
• Ability to describe orally and in writing school health services provided as well as issues and concerns regarding school health.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
Staff wellness is supported through a very generous benefits package, generous paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, several employee appreciation events throughout the year and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite you to visit our website at www.SpauldingServices.org to learn more about how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
We are fully committed to maintaining a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.