Residential Milieu Mentor ClinicianNovember 30, 2022
Our Behavioral Health team has a new opportunity for a Residential Milieu Mentor Clinician. This is an opportunity to provide clinical support and group therapy to youth in residential care and their families. You will work alongside the residential staff and in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team to deliver, coach, and mentor students served at Spaulding. You will be an integral part of contributing to creating an environment that is conducive to healing, a culture of kindness and growth through observation, teaching, and debriefing of the overall residential milieu.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide group therapy outlined by the clinical approach and/or treatment plans to be consistent with areas of need for residential students
- Monitor, observe, coach and mentor and provide feedback on the culture of kindness for students and staff
- Model and coach Choose Love behaviors
- Monitor, observe, teach, mentor and coach, and model as well as provide feedback on effective coping skills, and emotional regulation skills for students and staff in the residential milieu
- Conduct student debriefings and assist with staff and family debriefings
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure consistent communication with parents/guardians and collaterals
- Monitor, screen, and respond to all pertinent communication regarding case assignments in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, including Behavior Analysts and Nursing, regarding treatment planning and recommendations appropriate to the residential areas through daily feedback
- Provide assessment, support, and assistance to students requiring acute crisis plans
- Have a working knowledge of evidence-based practice and be able to support staff in implementing applicable techniques
- Understand best practices related to services for students with a range of challenges including autism, neurological impairments, behavioral difficulties, emotional disabilities, and learning and developmental disabilities
- Understand and facilitate staff concepts for evidence-based practices including trauma-informed approaches such as TBRI or other best practices and apply these skills to working with the staff and students in the milieu
- Participate in ongoing clinical training related to improving treatment services for youth and their families
- Act as the “Resource on Call” during scheduled hours as support for parents and staff in response to crisis situations
- Provide exceptional customer service to students, their families, and outside stakeholders
Education, Knowledge, Skills required:
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social work, or another related field that allows for clinical therapy with youth and families
- Licensure by the state of New Hampshire is not required but is preferred
- Relevant work experience and/or internship experience with a similar population is preferred.
- Strong clinical knowledge and proven good judgment
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral skills)
- Must be WORD and EXCEL proficient
- PCM trained at a minimum as a Practitioner 1
- Proficient in and committed to TBRI practices, Spaulding direct care staff training, ABA practices
- Medication administration trained
There are two full-time positions, with hours created to meet the needs of students and staff:
- Sunday – Thursday (12pm-8pm)
- Tuesday – Friday (12pm – 8pm) and Saturday (10am – 6pm)
Spaulding proudly supports staff wellness by offering a generous benefits package and paid time off plan, free meals and coffee daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center available to staff 24/7, employee appreciation events through the year, and beautiful walking trails throughout our spectacular campus for you to enjoy. To apply for the Community Based Programs Case Manager role, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to visit our informative website at www.spauldingservices.org to learn more about all the programs that is offered through Spaulding and how we support our exceptional students and their families toward a successful future.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is committed to maintaining a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.