PERMANENCY BEHAVIOR ANALYSTOctober 20, 2021
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is pleased to announce the addition of a Permanency Behavior Analyst to our Behavioral Programming team.
As a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and foster care programs and services, Spaulding supports children and youths with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning and development challenges. Our campus offers a safe, supportive and intensely therapeutic environment for students to discover a love of learning while also gaining study, social, independent living, and vocational skills.
The Permanency Behavioral Analyst will be responsible for augmenting transition and after-care services by supporting individuals and their families for at least 6 months post discharge. This will build on an extension of the treatment and promote safety and well-being, by identifying and securing resources for the individual/ family in order to maintain the child in a family.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES OF THIS ROLE INCLUDES:
Work collaboratively with our clinical team members to ensure coordination of care during the transition out of care and throughout after-care.
- Prepare individual/families by assisting with finding and securing resources, area agencies, mental health, educational, behavioral, medical, and supportive needs prior to discharge
- Manage and coordinate care based on transition/discharge checklist
- Ensure youth involvement and engagement in discharge/transition process to include reviewing the individual rights in the process
- Prepare, develop and provide training on behavior support plans and behavioral needs to the family or receiving facility
- Serve as a liaison between Spaulding, families, CME and external collaterals through timely and effective transition/discharge and after-care process
- Develop safety/crisis planning for the individual/ family or facility for all areas of programming through transition, discharge and after-care
- Develop a holistic service array in conjunction with the Permanency BCBA/ Case Manager to include: Medical, Educational, Youth Supports, Parent/ Family Support, Mental Health/ Behavioral services
- Review previous behavioral information, prepare pre-admission and post admission behavioral plan and training to staff or families
- Communicate and coordinate debriefing for all critical incidents on campus with the families
- Ensure after-care responsibilities are met for all cases.
- Participate in various meetings on and off grounds to include team meetings, court hearings, FAIR meetings, and matching meetings, permanency plan meeting, wrap around meetings, and staff meetings; communicate the pertinent details of each to appropriate parties.
- Attend and participate in weekly group supervision lead by the Manager of Behavioral Programming as well as individual supervision
- Complete all paperwork within the timelines expected according to policy and procedures and/or regulatory statutes
- Complete assigned trainings assigned by Spaulding University
- Provide exceptional customer service to students, their families and outside stakeholders
- Monitor, screen and respond to all pertinent communication regarding case assignments in a timely fashion
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
- BCBA or Doctoral Level Psychologist with demonstrated advanced training in Applied Behavior Analysis
- At least 3 years of experience working with a diverse client caseload, including individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- Proficiency in Charting in Excel
- Experience in a variety of settings preferred: school, residential, hospital, outpatient clinic, in home
- Excellent people skills, demonstrated ability to consult and support those with varying levels of experience with behavior analysis in program implementation
- Ability to successfully train and lead team members with various areas of expertise
- Solid knowledge of the principles and practice of Applied Behavior Analysis, including, but not limited to general behavioral assessment and Ethical Standards in Behavior Analysis
- Solid knowledge of the behavioral impact of developmental disabilities, as well as the cognitive, educational, vocational and social challenges encountered by persons with developmental disabilities and other emotional/behavioral presentations
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks/goals for self and others
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels
- Effective and creative negotiator and problem solver
SCHEDULE: This position is primarily Monday through Friday with a minimum of 50% of time during business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) and 50% of time during residential service hours (typically 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.). Participates with other team members in Resource On-Call rotation.
Spaulding proudly supports staff wellness by offering a very generous benefits package, free meals and coffee in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center available to staff 24/7, several employee appreciation events through the year, and beautiful walking trails throughout our spectacular campus. To apply for the Permanency Behavior Analyst role, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org., or visit our website to complete an application.
We invite you to visit our informative website at www.spauldingservices.org to learn more about how we support our exceptional students and their families toward a successful future.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is committed to maintaining a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.