PAYROLL & BENEFIT SPECIALISTNovember 05, 2020
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is seeking a Payroll & Benefit Specialist to join our small but mighty administration team. This position will be responsible for overseeing all functions pertaining to the organization of payroll and benefit enrollment for over 250 employees.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and community based programs and services for families, and children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning or developmental challenges, including Autism Spectrum Disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma, abuse or neglect. Established in 1871, Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit that was formerly known as Spaulding Youth Center since 1958. Our scenic hilltop campus is located on nearly 500 acres in Northfield, NH and welcomes boys and girls from ages 4 to 21 from around the state of New Hampshire and beyond. In addition to programs provided on our Northfield campus, Spaulding’s community based programs include foster family licensing, Individual Service Option (ISO) foster care, ISO in-home services, child health support services and more, for children ages 0 to 20 and their family.
Successful candidates will have a BA or BS with 5 or more years of payroll and benefits experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. This role requires a proactive, customer service/ team focused, organized and creative individual to support our hard-working staff with all payroll and benefit related issues.
If we don’t take care of our staff, they can’t take care of our students. It is that simple.
Candidates must possess:
- Familiarity with payroll systems and at least five years’ experience in a payroll and/or HR setting.
- Desire and ability to consistently maintain accurate payroll and benefits for Spaulding staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to speak in public or conduct group presentations.
- Be able to create and manage relationships with existing or new vendors.
- Experience and knowledge of project management to include: rolling out changes to payroll policies, processes and new software.
- Experience with understanding the implementation of policies related to payroll/benefit compliance per state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Strong technological and analytical skills, with the capability of transitioning to a new system. (It will include implementation of a new HRIS system.)
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaborative skills.
- An understanding of and commitment to customer service, which is required when supporting staff with payroll and benefit concerns/issues.
- Integrity and the ability to maintain highly confidential information.
- High emotional intelligence in order to effectively manage difficult situations and conversations.
- Understanding of the value and importance of the work Spaulding does, and a natural desire to support our students and staff.
- A sense of humor, curiosity, compassion and, when needed, grit and tenacity!
We support our Staff wellness through a very generous benefits package, generous paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center available 24/7, several employee appreciation events throughout the year and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus. To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to jobs@SpauldingServices.org. We invite you to visit our website at www.SpauldingServices.org to learn more about how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
We are fully committed to maintaining a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.