NUTRITIONISTOctober 13, 2021
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is very pleased to share that we have a Nutritionist position available, to work with our students, their families and our staff. The individual in this role will create meal plans according to our student’s dietary restrictions and requirements. The primary duty will include establishing short and long-term health goals with students, and will be responsible for teaching the students, their families and our staff about health and nutrition and developing effective nutritional and exercise plans for students.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Counsel students, families and staff on student dietary issues and promote healthy eating habits
- Develop nutrition plans while considering the students likes and dislikes as well as their needs, and determine a plan of action to be approved by the treatment team
- Evaluate if the meal plans have a positive effect on the students’ health and treatment plan goals
- Create educational material about healthy eating habits in a student friendly manner to be shared with our students, staff and families
- Stay current with the latest nutritional research and communicate this to the medical and food service teams
- Speak to groups about the importance of nutrition to prevent specific diseases during staff and individual student meetings
- Provide documentation of student’s plans, progress and follow up
Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, foods, nutrition or related field required
- Licensed or license eligible is also required
- At least 2 years’ experience working with a diverse population preferred
- Attention to detail is key
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work closely with clients
- Good research and analysis skills
- Positive interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of different dietary allergies and restrictions
- An understanding of food science and how it affects the body
Spaulding proudly supports staff wellness by offering a very generous benefits package, free meals and free coffee in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center available to staff 24/7, several employee appreciation events through the year, and beautiful walking trails throughout our spectacular campus. To apply for the Nutritionist role, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com.
We invite you to visit our informative website at www.spauldingservices.org to learn more about how we support our exceptional students and their families toward a successful future.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is committed to maintaining a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.