FOOD SERVICES ASSOCIATE / COOKJuly 29, 2021
Spaulding Academy & Family Services has an opportunity available for a Food Services Associate / Cook to join our Food Services team. If you have experience in the food industry, have a high school diploma and a valid driver’s license, we would love to talk with you.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and community based programs and services for families, and children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning or developmental challenges, including Autism Spectrum Disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma, abuse or neglect. We are located on over 500 acres in Northfield, NH and welcome boys and girls from ages 4 to 21 from around the state of New Hampshire and beyond.
The primary role of the Food Services Associate is:
- Dishwashing, receiving, cleaning lists, temperature logs.
- Operation of front line service.
- Salad bar preparation.
Cook responsibilities are specific to the meal periods of Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner, and include:
- Knowledge of all special diet regimes.
- Preparing food for service periods of breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Soup production.
- Menu design.
- DesSert production.
- Production records, cleaning lists, and temp logs
Our Food Services team comes together to accomplish the following:
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work environment.
- Maintain all storage areas in an organized and clean manner.
- Participates in ware washing, cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
- Putting away orders.
- Preparing, organizing, and set up for special events.
- Working the service line.
- Filling supply orders.
- Additionally, you may participate in special events at the Food Service Manager’s discretion.
Successful candidates will:
- Have knowledge of basic sanitary guidelines.
- Be reliable ~ we need our team here to do this important work.
- Be honest and respectful of our students and staff.
- Have the ability and desire to function as a team player in a small, close-knit team.
- Have great attention to detail, and have the ability to follow policies and procedures consistently and accurately and strive to meet critical deadlines.
- Recognize that performing their job safely and effectively is vitally important and makes a tangible difference in the lives of our students and staff.
- And very importantly, have a sense of humor.
Staff wellness is supported through a very generous benefits package, generous paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, several employee appreciation events throughout the year and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus. To apply, please submit a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to visit our website at spauldingservices.org to learn more about how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future. We are fully committed to maintaining a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.