Facilities Worker/HVAC SpecialistDecember 22, 2021
Our Facilities team has a full-time opportunity available for a Facilities Worker/HVAC Specialist. The primary responsibility of this position is the servicing and repairing of our HVAC systems. General maintenance and repairs, as well as grounds maintenance and snow removal when needed, is also required. Hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:00pm; staggered hours may be necessary for job completion. Participation in the weekend on-call rotation is an expectation.
Key requirements and qualities to be successful in this role include:
- Applicants are required to have a high school diploma or GED Certificate
- Reliability, exceptional work ethic and personal integrity is a must
- 10+ years of facilities and grounds maintenance experience
- 5+ years HVAC systems and controls operation and maintenance experience
- Thorough knowledge of Boiler/HVAC design, installation, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair
- Thorough knowledge of computerized HVAC Control systems
- Proficient in the use of power and hand tools
- Knowledge of commercial electrical wiring, plumbing, heating, carpentry, and vehicle maintenance
- Knowledge of safety procedures in all phases of maintenance work
- Must possess and maintain a valid New Hampshire Driver’s license
- Certified NH HVAC Technician
- NH Plumbing and Gas Fitter license preferred
- NH Small Public Water Systems Operator Certification and Class III Asbestos Certification are desirable
Responsibilities will include:
- Train and assist other Facilities Workers on the proper operation, maintenance and repair techniques for plumbing and HVAC systems
- Maintenance and repair of furnaces, DDC, low voltage controls, and boilers/HVAC units
- General knowledge in the maintenance and repair of plumbing, electrical, roofing, painting and furniture
- Completes general office moves and/or renovations to include but not limited to furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.
- Maintains and repairs kitchen equipment and residential appliances including washers, dryers and stoves
- General knowledge in the maintenance and repair of vehicles to insure their safe operating condition
- Assists with grounds maintenance to include, lawn mowing with power tools, weeding, loaming, raking, seeding, planting, tree and bush trimming and watering of plants and flowers when needed
- Snow removal; to include use and general maintenance of 4-wheel drive vehicles, snow blower; and hand shoveling
- Performs other duties as assigned
Our campus is located on over 500 acres in Northfield, NH and welcomes boys and girls from ages 4 to 21 from around the state of New Hampshire and beyond.
Spaulding proudly supports staff wellness by offering a very generous benefits package, free meals and coffee in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center available to staff 24/7, several employee appreciation events through the year, and beautiful walking trails throughout our spectacular campus. To apply for the Facilities Worker/HVAC Technician position, please submit a resume or complete an application, and provide e-mail addresses for three references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about how we support our exceptional students and their families toward a successful future.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is committed to maintaining a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.