Facilities WorkerMarch 17, 2022
Spaulding Academy & Family Services Facilities Department currently has a Facilities Worker position available. Hours are Monday – Friday, 7am to 3pm, with overtime available as directed by the Facilities manager, based on weather events or other maintenance emergencies. The base rate starts at $18.00 an hour.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older, and must have a high school diploma or GED, and a valid NH driver’s license. Must have working knowledge of and the ability to use hand and power tools and small and large mowing equipment.
Responsibilities will include
- General maintenance repairs that may include plumbing, carpentry work, roofing, painting and furniture repair.
- General maintenance and repair of Spaulding vehicles to insure their safe operating condition.
- General maintenance of furnaces, basic knowledge of pneumatics, DDC, and low voltage controls, and boilers/HVAC units and minor electrical repairs such as, but not limited to, changing switches and outlets.
- Maintains and repairs kitchen equipment and residential appliances including washers, dryers and stoves.
- Distribute packages and materials to various buildings as needed.
- Performs general office moves and/or renovations to include but not limited to furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.
- May assist the Grounds keeper with grounds maintenance, if needed, to include loaming, seeding, planting, weeding, mowing, trimming bushes and replacing fence.
- Snow removal; to include the use and general maintenance of 4-wheel drive vehicles, snow blower; and hand shoveling.
- Participates in the on-call rotation.
- Is familiar with Spaulding’s Safety Program and adheres to all provisions of the written safety plan. Respectful of equipment and/or working environment; promotes an environment free from conduct that violates the rights of others.
- Uses personal protective equipment including eye protection, ear protectors, respirator, safety boots, back support belt and safety chaps.
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisors
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and community based programs and services for families, and children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning or developmental challenges, including Autism Spectrum Disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma, abuse or neglect. Our campus is located on nearly 500 acres in Northfield, NH and welcomes boys and girls from ages 4 to 21 from around the state of New Hampshire and beyond.
Our Staff wellness is supported through a very generous benefits package, generous paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, several employee appreciation events throughout the year and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus. To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to jobs@SpauldingServices.org. We invite you to visit our website at www.spauldingservices.org to learn more about how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
We are fully committed to maintaining a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.