Case ManagerAugust 05, 2021
Spaulding Academy & Family Services currently has a full-time opportunity for a Family Worker or Case Manager to join our clinical team. This role is to enhance the treatment of the youths that we serve by supporting families, assisting with assessment and implementation of treatment plans and providing communication for all parties associated with that case.
Requirements for the Family Worker or Case Manager are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or related field.
- Experience in Applied Behavioral Analysis, support services and/or advocacy is desirable.
- Experience in understanding youth and family systems and behavioral approaches to treatment.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and flexible and have a knowledge of the systems within NH as well as being an effective manager of human relationships in even the most difficult situations.
- Driver’s license is required. Some evenings or weekends may be required if needed.
Essential functions of the role will be to:
- Provide family/parental support, recommendations and guidance concerning parental and family reunification and problem solving;
- Meet with families face to face for parent or family counseling as prescribed in treatment plan;
- Work closely with the clinician in providing case management for assigned cases;
- Serve as a liaison between Spaulding, families, and external collaterals through timely and effective communication;
- Serve as the point of communication with assigned families, as supervised by the clinician, to including responding to questions families have about their child’s experience, contacting families regarding critical incidents, per Spaulding policy, communicating with families regarding campus events (e.g., Community Dinners, Campus day), facilitating or arranging for youth visits with family or other collaterals both at Spaulding and home visits, and communicating information regarding family visits, on and off campus, to relevant staff within identified deadlines.
- Additional responsibilities include supporting other assigned staff in the implementation of treatment plan recommendations and behavior support plans;
- Focus efforts on permanency and family-centered approaches which values and facilities family involvement and training;
- Participate in various meetings on and off grounds to include team meetings, court hearings, FAIR meetings, and staff meetings;
- Attend and participate in weekly supervision;
- Provide consultation to staff and collaterals as needed, as guided by the clinician/therapist;
- Complete all paperwork within the timelines expected according to policy and procedures and/or regulatory statutes;
- Participate in at least one campus wide committee;
- Participate in “Resource on Call” rotation as support for parents and staff in response to crisis situations;
Our Staff wellness is supported through a very generous benefits package, generous paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, several employee appreciation events throughout the year and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus. To apply to any of these positions, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to jobs@SpauldingServices.org. We invite you to visit our website at www.spauldingservices.org to learn more about how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and community based programs and services for families, and children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning or developmental challenges, including Autism Spectrum Disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma, abuse or neglect. Established in 1871, Spaulding Academy & Family Services is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit that was formerly known as Spaulding Academy & Family Services since 1958. Our scenic hilltop campus is located on nearly 500 acres in Northfield, NH and welcomes boys and girls from ages 4 to 21 from around the state of New Hampshire and beyond. In addition to programs provided on our Northfield campus, Spaulding’s community based programs include foster family licensing, Individual Service Option (ISO) foster care, ISO in-home services, child health support services and more, for children ages 0 to 20 and their families.
We are fully committed to maintaining a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.