School Based Behavior Analyst (BCBA)June 23, 2020
Spaulding Academy & Family Services provides a place of healing and growth, with a focus on the whole child. Our approach is student centered and trauma informed with special emphasis on social and emotional learning through programs such as Choose Love. We have an opening available for a School Based Behavior Analyst (BCBA). The position is for Monday – Friday, 7am to 3pm.
The BCBA will be part of a collaborative, transdisciplinary person-centered team, providing compassionate and comprehensive values-driven functioned-based supports to our students at Spaulding Academy. This individual will have solid conceptual and technical competence, along with strong interpersonal & relationship building skills. The combination of the two allows for the promotion of collaboration and meaningful behavior change because the targets are socially significant school wide.
- BCBA or Doctoral Level Psychologist with demonstrated advanced training in Applied Behavior Analysis
- At least 5 years of experience working with a diverse client caseload, including individuals with autism spectrum disorder and/or Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- Proficiency in Charting in Excel
- Experience in a variety of settings preferred: school, residential, hospital, outpatient clinic, in home
The responsibilities for this role will include:
- Assists in the implementation and training of SEL Curriculum, including Choose Love
- Gather data regarding hypothesized functions of behavior and resulting treatment effectiveness
- Conduct functional assessments/analyses and develop behavior intervention plans based on the results of the FBA for all students
- Ensure provision of quality services through ongoing treatment monitoring and direct feedback to staff.
- Develop, train, and evaluate the implementation of behavior intervention plans
- Attend IEP and Treatment Planning meetings for students on caseload
- Provide data and feedback for IEP goals and benchmarks
- Completes billing and documentation by the end of each month
- Collaborate with team members, including specialists, to enhance instruction and programming
- Monitors, screens, and responds to all pertinent communication regarding case assignments in a timely fashion
- Act as a member of the admissions team through the file review, interview, and decision-making process
- Provides exceptional customer service to students, their families, and outside stakeholders
Applicants must have:
- An understanding of the importance of Social and Emotional Learning and the role it plays in education and human development
- Cultivates a caring, participatory, and equitable learning environment by utilizing a collaborative person-centered approach
- Technical competence along with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to successfully train and lead team members with various areas of expertise
- Solid knowledge of the principles and practice of Applied Behavior Analysis, including, but not limited to general behavioral assessment and Ethical Standards in Behavior Analysis
- Solid knowledge of the behavioral impact of developmental disabilities, as well as the cognitive, educational, vocational, and social challenges encountered by persons with developmental disabilities and other emotional/behavioral presentations
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks/goals for self and others
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels
- Effective and creative collaboration skills
This position will report directly to the Principal and Director of Special Education.
Staff wellness is supported through a very generous benefits package, including floating holidays and paid time off, a free coffee bar and free meals daily in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, a focus on an inclusive, supportive, and positive environment, and beautiful walking trails to enjoy on our spectacular campus.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite you to visit our website at www.spauldingservices.org to learn more about how we support exceptional children and families toward a successful future.
We are fully committed to maintaining a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.