ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ~ RECEPTION / SWITCHBOARDMay 20, 2021
INTERNAL POSTING FOR SPAULDING STAFF ONLY
The team at Spaulding Academy has an opportunity available for an Administrative Assistant in the Reception / Switchboard area. This role includes switchboard coverage, reception duties for all visitors to the campus, and administrative support to the team.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to students, families, staff and visitors to the campus.
- Monitor all guests and students as they enter the school, provide visitors passes and contact the individual they are meeting.
- Answer calls coming in through the switchboard in a pleasant, professional manner, and appropriate routing of calls.
- Make sure that the switchboard is managed at all times, and train staff on the Switchboard functions as needed.
- Maintain a current listing of staff extensions, emergency police, fire, and medical care telephone numbers and act as communications coordinator in relaying safety messages.
- Monitor Spaulding’s mail system; responsible for daily sorting and distribution of mail for all staff.
- May provide administrative support to areas outside of the Education Department, as needed.
- Daily and weekly functions may include:
- emails for meeting schedules, staff positives, and others as assigned.
- provide daily spreadsheet of checks received to the CEO/CFO.
- daily distribution of reimbursement checks to staff.
- sending monthly newsletters.
- record attendance daily.
- schedule and maintain SharePoint calendars for conference rooms and vehicle usage.
- send monthly school attendance information out to districts and MSB.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining current student information binders and for following written procedures for departure/return of Spaulding students.
- Responsible for maintaining updated switchboard procedure manual and substitute manual.
- Responsible for reporting phone issues or requests for changes in service to the Technology Department.
- Responsible for maintaining supplies for the reception desk.
- Assist school administrative assistant with processing and distribution of monthly treatment team notices, after meeting paper-processing, and other duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to meet deadlines.
This position is Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm, hours could be staggered to meet project needs. Weekends are not required. The individual will report to the Principal/Special Education Director of the School.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.