Accounting AssistantApril 08, 2022
Spaulding Academy & Family Services is looking for an individual to join our Finance team as a full-time Accounting Assistant. This is a great opportunity to join a small, hard-working and collaborative team in a mission-driven organization. Spaulding has a strong Finance team that can help mentor the right candidate.
Are you early in your career and looking to build experience? Are you a seasoned professional seeking long term, stable employment? Looking for a great work-life balance? This may be the position for you!
The Accounting Assistant will support the accounting department in various general accounting duties and will have a primary focus in the accounts payable functions of the department.
- Verify and reconcile invoices to supporting documentation
- Work with staff to ensure all bills and invoices have the proper approvals and account codes
- Enter invoices into Blackbaud Financial Edge and pay vendors timely and accurately
- Process checks and other payments weekly or as needed
- Investigate and resolve internal and external inquiries regarding invoices and/or payments
- Prepare 1099s and ensure applicable vendors have a W9 on file
- Track prepaid expenses and prepare monthly journal entries/reconciliations for month end closing
- Enter fixed assets into Sage Software and prepare depreciation journal entry monthly
- Track capital purchases and report comparison to current fiscal year budget
- Prepare expense analysis or other ad hoc reports as requested
- Cross train with other accounting staff for department coverage; in particular payroll processing and accounts receivable with the opportunity to take on an increasing role in these areas
- Associates Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 2+ years account payable or bookkeeping experience preferred
- Strong administrative experience with an interest in accounting will be considered if skills are present
- Detail oriented with excellent accuracy and organization skills
- Computer competency, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Familiarity with accounting software and/or ability and willingness to learn new technology
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Positive communication skills are essential
- Ability to work autonomously and with a stellar team
Spaulding is a non-profit, leading provider of educational, residential, therapeutic and foster care programs and services for children and youth with neurological, emotional, behavioral, learning and development challenges. Our campus offers a safe, supportive and intensely therapeutic environment for students to discover a love of learning and gaining study, social, independent living, and vocational skills.
We support staff wellness by offering a very generous benefits package, free meals and a free coffee bar in our dining hall, an on-site fitness center open 24/7, several employee appreciation events, and beautiful walking trails throughout our spectacular campus. To apply for the Accounting Assistant role, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to our website to complete an application.
We invite you to visit our informative website at www.spauldingservices.org to learn more about how we support our exceptional students and their families toward a successful future. Spaulding Academy & Family Services is committed to maintaining a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Would You Like to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this position or another current opening, start by clicking here to download our employment application which can be completed as an editable PDF or printed and completed by hand. For optimal results when using this PDF application, we recommend clicking here to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, submit your completed application, a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Spaulding Academy & Family Services, Human Resources, 72 Spaulding Road, Northfield, NH 03276-4608, or e-mail us at Jobs@SpauldingServices.org.